Express Shark EH112
PCIe x1 Dual Optical Expander
The EXPRESS SHARK PCIe Expander enables user to operate PCIe devices over fiber optic cable. Any PCIe device, i.e. multimedia-, SATA- or data acquistion cards, etc., can be connected to the host via the fiber optics connections at distances up to 250 meters. No additional host software drivers are required during installation or operation, the EXPRESS SHARK PCIe Expander works out of the box.
EH-112 has dual use for your implementation:
- link mode: The EH-112 serves as the host part of the optical link and allows to connect up to two PCIe devices to a single PCIe x1 slot. This implementation is transparent to the used software (Operating System and drivers)
- bridge mode: in this non-transparent mode the EH112 allows to connect any number of machines in a ring confguration with RDMA (remote direct memory access). This mode requires additional drivers depending on the used Operating System and environment.
- 2 x SFP transceivers with LC connectors
- PCIe x1 host adapter form factor
- comaptible with any PCIe x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, x16 slot
- 2.5 Gb/s or 5 Gb/s PCIe communication
- optical isolation
- reduced system weight and higher bandwith compared to copper cable based solutions
- indepent from host processor or Operating System