i.MX 8M Mini QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module
Our new QS8M Series is a QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module. The module with a small square size of 27mm and a height of 2.3mm is single-sided assembled. Its QFN type lead style has a 1mm pitch with 100 pads. The ground pad additionally acts as thermal pad.
QFN Style Computer On Module Advantages
Since industrial applications lead to faster, higher integrated and lower power electronic circuits with a smaller formfactor, the PCB layout becomes more and more important. With a good layout many EMI problems can be minimized to meet the required specifications. It's not only the pinout which should lead to an easy wiring without the need for crossings. It has also to provide a proper solution for the signal path back to the module. If this return path, mostly the ground plane, cannot be connected near the signal pin, the return current has to take another way and this may result in a loop area.
With the special design of KaRo's QS8M Series you profit from different advantages.
- Large ground pad on the bottom side makes a defined ground plane connection available for all signals.
- The pinout leads to an easy wiring without crossing.
- Ground will be connected near the signal pin to avoid loop areas.
- High speed signals can be routed on the top layer at a defined impedance.
- Ground pad holds the component at a defined height during soldering.
- NXP i.MX 8M MiniQuad Cortex -A53 1,6 GHz / Cortex -M4 up to 400 MHz
- NXP i.MX 8M Nano Cortex -A53 1.4 GHz / Cortex -M7 up to 600 MHz
- 1GB / 512MB DDR3L RAM
- 4GB / 8GB eMMC
- Display support:
- 1x MIPI DSI (4-lane) display interface
- i.MX8M MINI
- GC328 2D GPU
- GC NanoUltra 3D GPU
- 1080p60 Video de-/emcode
- i.MX8M NANO
- GC7000 UltraLite 3D GPU
- 1x MIPI DSI (4-lane) camera interface
- 1x Gb Ethernet, USB 2.0, 1x eMMC/SD
- 4x UART, 3x I²C, 2x SPI, 4x PWM, SAI, SPDIF
- Up to 70x 3.3V General Purpose I/O
- -25 °C to 85 °C (4GB eMMC)
- -40° C to 85° C (8GB eMMC)
- Dimensions (LxWxD) 27 mm x 27 mm x 2.3 mm
- Windows 10 IoT
Benefit by using QS module family
With only 27mm x 27mm the QS module family has very compact dimensions. They include a complete embedded System on Module with processor, PMIC, RAM and flash memory.
Because of the very dense packaging on the top side, there are no components on the bottom side of the module, cut-outs on the base board are not required. The pin compatible family concept provides all important interfaces needed for embedded designs, e.g. USB, Gigabit-Ethernet, display and many serial interfaces.
All signal connections are located at the module edges, allowing easy optical inspection during production.
The modules can be assembled by automatic pick & place machines without any mechanical assembly work necessary.
The pin-optimized QS concept enables the use of a simple, cost-effective 2-layer base board.
To support a quick evaluation and project start, a starter kit, with included schematics and bill of materials, is available.
Flexibility, high performance and easy integration
Embedded computing power is very much in demand in a growing number of multimedia-centric devices. The Ka-Ro QS8M is ideally suited for target markets requiring high-end devices for powerful images and impressive video streaming creating connected devices in the following vertical markets.
- Medical technology
- Industrial control
- Digital signage
By combining the power-efficient processing capabilities of the ARM Cortex-A53 architecture with bleedingedge 3D and 2D graphics, the i.MX 8M Mini/Nano provides a new level of multimedia performance to enable an unbounded next-generation user experience.
For more information regarding i.MX 8 processors, see the NXP product page.
- 1 Gb Ethernet (IEEE 1588, EE & AVB)
- S/PDIF TX & RX
- 5 x I²S/SAI
- 1 x USB2.0 OTG & PHY
- 4 x UART
- 4 x I²C
- 4 x PWM
- 3 x SPI
- 1 x MIPI CSI (4-lane) camera interface
- 1 x MIPI DSI (4-lane) display interface
- Up to 70 x 3.3V General Purpose I/O