i.MX 8M Mini QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module
Our new QS8M Series is a QFN Style Solder-Down Computer On Module. The module with a small square size of 27mm and a height of 2.3mm is single-sided assembled. Its QFN type lead style has a 1mm pitch with 100 pads. The ground pad additionally acts as thermal pad.
QFN Style Computer On Module Advantages
Since industrial applications lead to faster, higher integrated and lower power electronic circuits with a smaller formfactor, the PCB layout becomes more and more important. With a good layout many EMI problems can be minimized to meet the required specifications. It's not only the pinout which should lead to an easy wiring without the need for crossings. It has also to provide a proper solution for the signal path back to the module. If this return path, mostly the ground plane, cannot be connected near the signal pin, the return current has to take another way and this may result in a loop area.
With the special design of KaRo's QS8M Series you profit from different advantages.
- Large ground pad on the bottom side makes a defined ground plane connection available for all signals.
- The pinout leads to an easy wiring without crossing.
- Ground will be connected near the signal pin to avoid loop areas.
- High speed signals can be routed on the top layer at a defined impedance.
- Ground pad holds the component at a defined height during soldering.
- NXP i.MX 8M MiniQuad Cortex -A53 1,6 GHz / Cortex -M4 up to 400 MHz
- NXP i.MX 8M Nano Cortex -A53 1.4 GHz / Cortex -M7 up to 600 MHz
- 1GB / 512MB DDR3L RAM
- 4GB / 8GB eMMC
- Display support:
- 1x MIPI DSI (4-lane) display interface
- i.MX8M MINI
- GC328 2D GPU
- GC NanoUltra 3D GPU
- 1080p60 Video de-/emcode
- i.MX8M NANO
- GC7000 UltraLite 3D GPU
- 1x MIPI DSI (4-lane) camera interface
- 1x Gb Ethernet, USB 2.0, 1x eMMC/SD
- 4x UART, 3x I²C, 2x SPI, 4x PWM, SAI, SPDIF
- Up to 70x 3.3V General Purpose I/O
- -25 °C to 85 °C (4GB eMMC)
- -40° C to 85° C (8GB eMMC)
- Dimensions (LxWxD) 27 mm x 27 mm x 2.3 mm
- Windows 10 IoT